Monday, October 02, 2006

My First Gong

Ha. I just hammered out my first gong/symbol. I have been putting off trying to do this for years now, but let me just say it’s a lot easier then I thought it would be. In total I spent about an hour bashing away at it. When I say bashing I mean controlled wailing. It was some kind of crazy aluminum metal mix but I’m not entirely sure, and I’m only guessing at that do to its somewhat pliable nature. It fit perfectly on top of an old disk break I have; they’re great when using them as the base for stands. The one side was for the larger circle, and the other was for the smaller one in the center. This will defiantly be added to my regular list of junk items that are gold.

1 comments:

Mike Whitla said...

How does this sound iner?

Is it a specific pitch or just a bunch of overtones?

No comments: