Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sun Flowers Of Death Phase Two

The Sunflower of Death. That is what Girasol Del Muerte translates to. I came up with the name after I played a gig with my old band called Manna Machine. Not only did I repeatedly cut and scratch myself on the many tines of pain, but I was running a guitar string through a couple of the tines when the end of the string fell out of my hand and directly into the one opening I had left on my power bar. Not only did I get an obvious shock from this, but I also blew my new volume pedal up, and as this was going on the owner of the bar we were playing at had been called upstairs to one of the apartments, by a lady we like to call the music hater, who constantly complain about the volume of music, especially the volume of Manna Machine music. So as there owner of the bar is upstairs I manage to blow up my volume pedal which sent a terribly loud constantly rising buzz and hum through to my amp which ended in a ear pounding thud that most people thought was part of the show. There were even a few passers by that stop and watch us from the open garage door on Queen Street. There was nothing I could do. i was in shock. That pun was intended. So needless to say from that point on, at that certain bar, our experimental and improvisational nights had to be capped by midnight, just so we could keep music hater happy. Some people just can't take the sounds of metal on metal. Go figure. Click here for the sunflower of deaths beautyful sounds.

Above the Vornado and a sunflower

No comments: